WATER & WASTEWATER SERVICES, LLC
Water & Wastewater Services is a contract management operations company servicing both public and private water and wastewater utilities. Water & Wastewater Services was established in 1983 and serves as many as 50 different utilities. We are located in Mount Vernon, Washington and serve Snohomish, Skagit, and Island counties.
To perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties in the operation, maintenance, and repair of multiple wastewater treatment plants located on Whidbey Island.
· Operate a variety of wastewater equipment.
· Maintain logs, work sheets of operations, compile equipment readings and test results into logs. Collect and analyze wastewater samples.
· Hose down tanks and vehicles.
· Pressure wash
· Check off and direct customers
· Push up yard waste
· Mow grass/weedeat/weed flower boxes
· Help maintain grounds
· Paint Hydrants
· Restock Lab (gloves/distilled water/paper towels).
· Clean bathrooms and mop floor.
· Work closely with the water distribution team.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
· Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are essential and critical to successful performance in this position:
· Proficient use of office equipment including personal computers and related software applications.
· Knowledge of materials and equipment used in construction, general mechanical and electrical operations, maintenance, and repair.
· Knowledge of safe work practices including chemical storage and handling.
· Basic report preparation techniques.
· Meets the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties.
· Ability to comprehend practices and techniques of water pumping, disinfection, storage, distribution, and wastewater collection activities.
· Ability to learn the operation and maintenance of a variety of water and wastewater treatment equipment.
· Ability to read meters and gauges correctly and to act quickly and competently.
· Ability to learn to make routine adjustments and minor repairs to motors, pumps, and other equipment.
Willingness to learn:
· Principles and practices of wastewater treatment operations, including treatment equipment systems and control systems, and computer based testing and analysis equipment.
· Principles of electronics, instrumentation, pumping systems and hydraulics.
· Applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Possession of or ability to obtain a Washington State Driver’s License.
· Possession of or ability to obtain certification as a Washington State Wastewater Treatment Operator I.
· Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
· Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade, with general mechanical/electrical knowledge.