"WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR II”
WATER & WASTEWATER SERVICES, LLC
Water & Wastewater Services is a contract management operations company servicing both public and private water and wastewater utilities. Water & Wastewater Services was established in 1983 and serves as many as 50 different utilities. We are located in Mount Vernon, Washington and serve Snohomish, Skagit, and Island counties.
The operator is a stand-alone position on a day-to-day basis with support from other operators when necessary. The operator is expected to operate both the collection and treatment system on a day-to-day basis and interact with the District office staff and board members. Most laboratory analysis is conducted onsite and is the responsibility of the operator.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are essential and critical to successful performance in this position:
· · Principles and practices of wastewater treatment operations, including treatment equipment systems and control systems, and computer based testing and analysis equipment.
· · Principles of electronics, instrumentation, pumping systems and hydraulics.
· · Applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
· · Proficient use of office equipment including personal computers and related software applications.
· · Troubleshoot wastewater process control problems relating to either/or liquid and solid streams.
· · Read, interpret, apply and explain codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
· · Work effectively on several projects concurrently and with specific deadlines.
· · Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
· · Interact with others utilizing tact, patience, and courtesy.
· · Establish and maintain an effective safety program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· · Possession of or ability to obtain a Washington State Driver’s License.
· · Possession of or ability to obtain certification as a Washington State Wastewater Treatment Operator III.